Sworn Officer Application
Complete the Application
Download the La Porte Police Department's employment application for sworn officers and please carefully read all instructions, complete this application in full, and mail or hand-deliver the application and all required documents to the La Porte Police Department at:
1206 Michigan Ave.
La Porte, IN 46350
- Applicant must allow a set of his/her fingerprints to be taken upon request by the
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or have a GED and must provide a copy of his/her diploma and high school transcripts.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 21 and 35 years of age and provide a copy of his/her birth certificate.
- Applicant must provide a copy of his/her driver's license.
- Applicant must provide a copy of his/her military discharge papers, if applicable.
- Applicant must sign and have witnessed the enclosed Information Release Form in the application packet.
- Applicant must take IQ and CVSA tests to be given at the La Porte Police Department by appointment prior to his/her interview.
- Applicants should seal their application envelope and return it to the Police Chief's Administrative Assistant. Applicants should update their application files every 90 days. When an opening occurs, the applicant may be called for an interview.
- Be able to get a 12 lead on an electrocardiogram (ECG) test.
- Complete an audiometric test.
- Complete a profile of four from which liver, kidney, blood, and metabolic tests may be detected.
- Complete a pulmonary function test.
- Complete a treadmill test.
- Complete a urinalysis.
- Complete a venereal disease research laboratory (VDRL) test.
- Complete chest x-rays including posterior, anterior, and lateral views.
- Complete lumbosacral spine x-rays including anterior, posterior, lateral, and oblique views.
- Visual testing by Snellen chart 20-over-100 minimum uncorrected vision.
- Successfully complete the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy Pre-Basic and Basic Law Enforcement training courses.
- Successfully complete the La Porte Police Department's Field Training Program.