Girls Fastpitch Softball Supervisor - Park and Rec Department
Posted: Jan 26, 2023
Close: Until May 1, 2023
The City of La Porte is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). For more information about the City of La Porte, visit our website at www.cityoflaporte.com.
The Girls Fastpitch Softball Supervisor administers and oversees the operation of the girl's fastpitch softball program.
Hourly Wage: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises operation of the girls' fastpitch softball program (weeknights/weekends).
- Develops fastpitch league schedules for 10U, 12U, 14U leagues.
- Reschedules fastpitch league makes up games for 10U, 12U 14U leagues.
- Recruits umpires and coaches needed for the program. Assign, supervise and evaluate umpires on a regular basis as well as train and supervise all coaches.
- Keeps an accounting of games worked by umpire staff for payroll.
- Attends KVA meetings; attends umpire or coaches' meetings.
- Displays leadership to umpires in regard to dress, conduct and rule interpretations.
- Responsible for providing "Umpire Scorecards".
- Follows all rules and guidelines set forth by the Park Department.
- Supervisory responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintaining safety and administering basic first aid. Current CPR and First Aid certification welcomed.
- Background check will be performed.
- Background in girls softball and one to two years related supervisory experience or training.
- Ability to directly supervise and carry out supervisory responsibilities to 8-10 employees in the girl's fastpitch softball program.
Interested candidates may submit an application by:
Accessing it online at www.cityoflaporte.com and mailing, emailing it or dropping it off at the Park Office at 250 Pine Lake Avenue, Attention Pamela Carroll or at the Human Resource Department, 2nd Floor, 801 Michigan Avenue, La Porte, IN 46350. Applications are available in the Park Office and Human Resources.
Applications may be sent via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest with the City of La Porte!