Junior Boys Baseball Supervisor - Park and Rec Department
Posted: Jan 26, 2023
Close: Until May 1, 2023
The City of La Porte is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The City of La Porte Park & Recreation Department is currently seeking a Junior Boys League Supervisor who will administer and oversee the operation of the Babe Ruth baseball program.
Wage: $15.00 to $20.00 per hour
The Junior Boys Baseball Supervisor will:
- Supervises daily (evening) operation of baseball program.
- Develops leagues for team competition.
- Develops league schedules for teams.
- Reschedules all make-up games due to rain or cancellations.
- Plans, develops, and oversees all tournament and play-off play.
- Oversees and supervises special events such as picture day, fundraisers, and all-star games.
- Works in cooperation with Park and Recreation staff in regard to the overall operation of the baseball program.
- Recruits, assigns, evaluates, and supervises umpire staff.
- Keeps an accounting of games worked by umpire staff for payroll purposes (to be submitted to the Park and Recreation Department).
- Communicates problems and concerns to the Recreation Director shared by the participants.
- Completes an accident/incident form and turn into the Park Office with 24 hours of the incident.
- Conducts coach’s meetings as needed.
- Makes recommendations to the Park and Recreation Department (Recreation Director) as needed in regard to the operation of the program.
- Maintaining safety and administering basic first aid. Current CPR and First Aid certification welcomed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Background check will be performed.
Must be 21 years or older; experience in baseball and ability to supervise 10-15 employees.
This position is seasonal. Open until filled.
Interested candidates may submit an application by:
Accessing it online at www.cityoflaporte.com and mailing, emailing it or dropping it off at the Park Office at 250 Pine Lake Avenue or at the Human Resource Department, 2nd Floor, 801 Michigan Avenue, La Porte, IN 46350
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest with the City of La Porte!