The city’s curfew ordinance generally states:
Children who are 14 years of age or under are not allowed to be in a public place after 10:00 pm or before 5:00 am on any day.
Children 15, 16 and 17 years of age cannot be in a public place:
- between 12:01 am and 5:00 am on Saturday and Sunday
- after 10:00 pm Sunday thru Thursday; or
- before 5:00 am Monday thru Friday.
Exceptions to this are a child:
- who is accompanied by his/ her parent, guardian or custodian;
- who is accompanied by an adult, authorized in writing by his/ her parent, guardian or custodian, which written authorization the child shall have on his/ her person; or
Participating in, going to, or returning from:
- lawful employment
- a school sanctioned activity; or
- a religious event
Violations of the ordinance can result in the child being taken into custody, and an ordinance fine issued to the parent/ guardian/ custodian in the amount of $50.Brochure of Curfew and Loitering laws