With Gov. Holcomb moving the state into Stage 3 of the Back On Track Indiana guidelines, we have updated our information on closings and cancellations:
- Our parks are open, with the exceptions listed below. The public is welcome to visit our parks and amenities, but they should continue to practice social distancing by remaining 6 FEET APART from others. Additionally, we encourage residents to stay home when sick, cover their coughs and practice good hand hygiene. If enjoying our parks, we ask residents to return home immediately if they begin to have symptoms of acute respiratory virus.
- The Park Office is closed to the public. If you need assistance, call 219-326-9600, e-mail Office Manager Roberta Mumaw at email@example.com or contact us on Facebook Messenger.
- The Civic Auditorium is closed to the public, except for approved programs and classes. All events larger than 100 persons are cancelled until at least June 14. Coronavirus-related cancellations for rentals will be refunded in full or fees can transfer to an open future date. If you need assistance, call 219-362-2325, e-mail Civic Auditorium Director Brett Binversie at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on Facebook Messenger.
- Beechwood Golf Course is open but with social distancing restrictions. We encourage one cart per golfer but are allowing two per cart. The clubhouse is open for dining at 50 percent capacity.
- All playgrounds are ordered to remain closed by Governor Holcomb’s most recent Executive Order.
- While Stone Lake Beach continues to be accessible to the public, it remains a “swim at your own risk” area. Lifeguards are scheduled to go on duty beginning July 4.
- The Arts in the Park Summer Concert Series and La Porte City Band concerts, held at the Dennis F. Smith Amphitheater in Fox Park, are scheduled to begin on July 8.
- Park restrooms open May 23 and will be cleaned and sanitized each morning.
Resources and information about COVID-19 are available from the Indiana State Department of Health at www.in.gov/isdh/28470.htm. For a comprehensive online resource on the local response to the COVID-19 pandemic, visit www.hflaporte.org/covid-19-resources. Additional information and national updates can be found on the CDC website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.
If you have questions or concerns, contact Park Superintendent Mark Schreiber at 219-326-9600 or by e-mail at email@example.com.